The City of Martinez aims to improve the quality of life for all residents – including the local youth! We program and co-sponsor various youth programs and events throughout the year to keep children engaged in lifelong learning, staying active and making new friends. See below on the program of interest for more information:
• Summer/Seasonal Playground Group
• Youth Sports
• Special Events
• Swim Lessons
• Swim Team
• Job and Volunteer Opportunities
Want to register for a program or event? Select one of the options below.
• Click here to sign up online by selecting the program and classes you’d like to register for, create an account, then complete transaction.
• Call the Recreation Division at 925-372-3510.
• Stop by the Recreation Desk at City Hall located at 525 Henrietta Street, 2nd Floor during office hours Monday – Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm / 1:00 pm-5:00 pm.
When school is out it is time to play and continue learning fun and exciting things! Whether it’s learning how to grow crystals to make their own snowflake, crafting friendship bracelets, swim at the pool or running up and down the basketball court playing tag, children keep active outside and learn how to work as a team. We offer seasonal and summer Playground Group throughout the year to keep your kids busy!
RANKIN PLAYGROUND PROGRAM
June 8- August 7 | 9:00 am-3:00 pm | Rankin Park
Weekly Fee: $100 Martinez Residents/ $105 Non-Residents
Drop In Fee: $24 per day | Registration not available
Miss the Parent Information Night for the 2019 Season? No Problem! Click on our presentation below.
You can sign up ahead of time online or drop-in just for a day – whatever works for your schedule and needs.
Policies and Parent Information
• Parent Information Packet– Information listing policies, procedures and details about seasonal and summer program (ex: what to bring for a day in program, pick up and drop off times, disciplinary actions, etc.).
• Waiver/Permission Slip– Form required each new week of Playground Group. If you find you are registering for multiple seasonal weeks and the information you include on form does not change, please make copies of your completed form to submit at the start of each week and/or drop-in day. Summer Playground Group only requires submission one time over summer at time of first check-in.
Skill-based sports programs for kids! Skyhawks Sports offers a variety of sport specific and multi-sport programs where kids of any age and abiltiy can participate in friendly competition, while gaining the skills, passion, and confidence necessary to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
• Click here for upcoming dates!
Throughout the year we offer various free or low cost events that are engaging and fun for the little ones and the whole family. You might want to stop into Reindeer School at our Annual Holiday Frolic, dog for dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Dig, or be amazed by magic at Oohs, Ahs and Giggles. Check out our yearly calendar and activity guide for upcoming events. You won't want to miss out!
Learn the lifesaving skill of swimming at he Rankin Aquatic Center in the summer months. Open to all ages, sign up starting in April to reserve your spot so that you can have fun while learning water safety skills. Click here for more information.
Click here for more information about the Martinez Community Swim Team. Go Otters!
The Martinez Library hosts many events with several each year co-sponsored by the City of Martinez Recreation Division. Click here for the latest info on the happenings at the library as well as our activity guide.
So you want to be a Lifeguard? Recreation Leader? Volunteer? We have plenty of opportunities over the summer and throughout the year to get involved!
STILL HIRING LIFEGUARDS! APPLY TODAY!
Seasonal part-time positions include:
• Pool Manager
Volunteer positions include:
Click here for more details on positions and how to apply or contact the Recreation Division at 925-372-3510.