Martinez Temporary Dog Park
- The dog park is currently open. Visitors must follow Contra Costa County COVID-19 Guidelines.
- For more information on the County Public Health Order visit the FAQ Page . Please visit Contra Costa Health Services for the latest COVID-19 updates or CLICK HERE for City of Martinez COVID-19 updates.
The Martinez City Council adopted Resolution No. 039-17 on April 5, 2017, which designated the John Muir Amphitheater (also known as the Martinez Waterfront Amphitheater) as a Temporary Dog Park Site for a period of up to three years from the first date of public use, and allocated $50,000 to help fund necessary improvements.
Since receiving City Council approval to proceed, City staff transformed portions of the Amphitheater into a Temporary Dog Park, which opened to the public on July 14, 2017. This exciting space near the marina has become a communal spot for dog owners in the area and is enjoyed by many dog-loving enthusiasts.
115 Tarantino Drive, Martinez, CA
- Use Ferry Street to enter the marina (cross R/R tracks)
- Right onto Joe DiMaggio Drive
- Left onto North Court Street
- Right onto Tarantino Drive (follow signs to Amphitheater)
- The park is located in the Martinez marina at the north end of the amphitheater, near the Yacht Club. Please park in the parking lot or behind the bait shop.
- Enter the Dog Park behind the bait shop in the parking lot, left of the yacht club.
Walking from Downtown/East Bay Regional Park/Berrellesa Street:
- From waterfront (Radke Martinez Regional Shoreline/Ferry Point) - follow walking paths and head east towards the Yacht Club and enter park at north end of the amphitheater.
- From Downtown/East Bay Regional Park/Norcal Courts - follow walking paths and head east then north parallel to North Court Street. Stay straight towards the waterfront and then head east to the Yacht Club and enter at the north end of the amphitheater.
- Please note that Tarantino Drive has no sidewalk for pedestrian access.
- Sunrise - Dusk (unless otherwise posted)
- Mondays - Closed until 12pm for maintenance
- Note: May be closed due to special events in or around the amphitheater
Dog Park Rules, Regulations and Etiquette
The City has established a set of Dog Park Rules and Regulations for use of the Temporary Dog Park while the Martinez Dog Park Group (a registered unincorporated non-profit organization) has posted tips of etiquette and safety for you and your dog.
Dog Park Directory
Click here for a directory of contact information to assist with various issues of the Dog Park.
Martinez Dog Park Group (a registered unincorporated non-profit organization)