News Update (COVID-19)
The City of Martinez has declared a Local Emergency due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and City Hall remains closed to the public until further notice.
During this crisis, the city is only accepting permit applications by USPS mail or uploaded to the City’s Hightail account. Application forms can be found in this link along with step-by-step instructions on how to submit Planning Permit applications during the COVID-19 quarantine. Also included is information on allowable construction under the Contra Costa County Health Services March 31, 2020 order. Payment instruction is found in the instruction link.
If you would like to request a Zoom appointment to revise plans, please email the Engineering Permit Technician Kara Malig at Kara.Malig@weareharris.com.
The Engineering Division works with other city departments and programs to design, plan and construct public facilities including street, storm drain, traffic signals and water systems. Staff in this division is also involved with the following:
- Manage the city’s Clean Water (NPDES) Program
- Apply for the annual Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) for infrastructure improvements
- Establish and maintain the Lighting and Landscape Assessment Districts
- Support the Traffic Safety Committee
- Review and process residential, commercial and industrial development applications
- Prepare grant applications for State and Federal agencies to fund major Capital Improvement Projects
- Manage the city’s major transportation capital projects such as the Intermodal Phase III, Measure C and J, and federally funded paving projects
- Represent the city on local or regional boards and commissions including the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, CalTrans, Capital Corridor Joint Powers Authority and TRANSPAC
To contact the city's Engineering division, please call (925) 372-3515.