Taking small steps in your everyday life can have a beneficial impact on our environment, and even save you money in the process. This section outlines resources which you can use in order to become more sustainable.
- Martinez is Electric Vehicle friendly! We provide public charging infrastructure as well as information for those considering switching to an EV.
- Martinez also has great public transit infrastructure, so whether you want to travel by bus or by train, find all the information you need here.
- We also encourage you to use active transportation and bike and walk everywhere you can. You can find more information and great resources about biking and walking in Martinez.
- Martinez also has enacted a plastic and polystyrene ban bag. We encourage you to green your shopping by using reusable tote bags whenever you can!
- You can also attend free workshops and classes on a variety of topics to learn more about steps you can take to become more sustainable.
Finally, we know that using a car is sometimes the best option to get around, so here are some easy steps you can take to green your car and commute:
- Turn off your car if you are going to be parked for more than 30 seconds. It won’t harm your engine and it will both spare the air and your wallet.
- Carpooling is also a great way to save money and to be more sustainable.
- Vanpooling is yet another way to commute which can save you money and help you make great acquaintances.